1) I had a stye over the july 4th holiday weekend, and now I seem to be getting a similar eye infection again (sorry if this is TMI-too much information). 🙁 I hope it's not another stye. My mother was the one who finally enlightened me to my condition. I thought I had a cut under my eyelid or something else weird, but she said something to the effect of, "I get those all the time. It's a stye. Put a hot-press to it. You must be getting to that age." Awesome. I'm getting to that age. and I'm thankful to have a mom who always knows how to fix things.
2) Yesterday I just started Elise Blaha's online Web Design class for bloggers! I am so excited. I am hoping I can prettify my blog and then move it to typepad. I still haven't figured out to technically repoint my domain, but Viet is going to help me.
3) My mother and brother are arriving thursday night (technically Friday morning at 12:05am) and will be staying with us through Sunday. They're in town for the Engagement Party!! I can't wait to see them and get to spend some quality time with them. We're going to Teatro ZinZanni Friday night, and I. can't. wait. If you love theater and dinner, you need to go. It's worth the price and soooo fun.
4) Speaking of the Engagement Party, I am so thankful for my friends. Really. I am. so. lucky. to have such amazing people in my life. I don't know any details about the party this weekend, but I know it's going to be RAD because they have put so much care and planning into it. love you guys.
5) and lastly: Last night I lost. my. shit. This may be a you-had-to-be-there story, but I'll tell you anyways.
that's right. I lost it over a pair of discount faux snakeskin Rampage heels. The instigator:
Lisa and I were in the discount section and I saw this fiesty shoe and thought: that's hilarious.
Now. I know what you're thinking: this doesn't exactly look like the type of shoes I wear, but I thought what the heck. I'll try it on.
Of course it fit perfectly. and then once we looked at the price sticker:
Can't read that exactly: It says 65% off of $35! that's like $12 bucks or something. I said to myself: I can wear them in Vegas.
and I thought (ha) My mom will love them. 🙂
So then we were settled. I had to buy them. So I waited about ten minutes as the Salesman went to look for the other shoe. When he brought it out he informed me that the cash register was already closed, so we would have to walk across the store to the main cash register. Lisa was laughing at me already because we figured the shoes were ridiculous and not really worth all the effort to even buy them, but I maintained my calm.
Then the salesman rang up the shoes, and they. were. $!18! I smiled politely and said Thank You and took the shoes. but then I lost it. Now, sure, $18 may seem cheap, but it was just the state of the situation that made me so angry. and when you think you're going to pay $12 for cheap, faux wood and faux snakeskin heels-you feel a bit asinine for paying $18. in rebellion I wore them in the car. and hollered a bunch about being robbed of $5.
moral of the story (yes, there is one. I promise): Don't buy dumb shoes. No matter how cheap the sticker leads you to believe they will be.
Random words of wisdom to live by. 🙂