As promised, I want to share with you the tasty recipe for Fried Pickles that Kara made the other night. Sorry I don't have pictures of them. I was too busy eating them as quickly as possible :).
She used this recipe from the Food Network as her base with a few extra additions (which I've highlighted below):
- 1 pint sliced dill pickles, undrained (Kara used dill pickle chips pre-sliced)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, plus 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (Kara added cornmeal to the flour-this is KEY)
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce (Kara kicked in some extra hot sauce 🙂
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable oil
Drain pickles, reserving 2/3-cup pickle juice. Press pickles between paper towels. Combine 2/3 cup pickle juice, egg, 1 tablespoon flour, and hot sauce. Stir well and set aside. Combine 1 1/2 cups flour with ground red pepper, garlic powder, salt, and paprika. Blend well. Dip pickles in egg mixture, then dredge in flour mixture. Fry coated pickles in 375-degree oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
And there they are! Thanks Food Network! They were DELISH.