We made it to Alt!!!
It is amazing and wonderful (and justttt a 'lil scary), but we are soaking it all in.
I can't wait to share with you more of all the awesomeness that is happening around us.
As a quick recap, today I learned or relearned the following things:
1. My fiance is awesome.
Exhibit A (also known as my pre-alt surprise. yes I know this is ridiculously awesome, and yes I have been coveting this beauty for ~6 months without any hope of her ever actually becoming mine.):
2. Salt Lake City is breathtakingly beautiful. It is so wide and flat and surrounded by the most gorgeous mountains.
3. You can not order alcohol in Utah without also ordering food at the same time.
4. The difference between aperture, ISO, and shutter speed (thank you Karen). If the camera is like a room that is trying to capture an image, the Aperture is like a curtain, the shutter speed is like a door opening and closing allowing light in, and the ISO are the light capturerers making the image happen. Uh mah zing.
5. I did not bring enough business cards. srsly.
6. Every woman for herself (especially when it is necessary to protect one's shoes and hair form utter room) when it's cold and raining and there are no taxis in sight for MILES. BUT, rest assured that all the ladies will be waiting for you when you make it to the bar/restaurant/hotel with a smile and a drink order ready.
7. There are so many incredible women doing amazing things all around us all the time. How could I forget this? It's amazing feeling to be able to meet so many of them all at once.
I am so grateful to be here.
Also, here are all the awesome new people I met today!
Can't wait for tomorrow!