Whew. 2012 is here!!!!!
The holidays were a whirlwind for us, so my blogging sort of fell to the wayside as wedding planning and holiday prep and then travel all came to a head. I apologize because I failed miserably with keeping up with the Reverb exercise, but I've decided to cut myself some slack since December was such a busy month for us.
in summary: Viet arrived home from a two week business trip to India the 2nd week of December. Viet and I went to LA the following weekend for his brother's engagement party. Then the next weekend we headed to Alabama to visit my family for several days over the Christmas holiday. Then we flew from Alabama to Portland for Viet's friend's wedding in Dallas, Oregon. and finally. after much celebration we arrived back home this morning.
I had plans to try to send some wedding emails and do a bit of blogging while we were traveling, but instead I just embraced our precious time with family and friends and stayed unplugged.
So I've spent our first day back today getting groceries, sending wedding emails, trying to finish designing a business card for alt (eek! I feel like such a novice!), and doing laundry. and now blogging (yay!)
sooo that leads me to resolutions. I'm not really good at these. I like to set goals for myself, but I don't want to set any unrealistic resolutions because my life is really going to only continue to be consumed by wedding planning over the next few months. (-5 months and counting!!! wooooo!)
So I think I'll say this instead of making resolutions:
- This year I plan to marry the love of my life this year with much joy. I am grateful to have him in my life, and I can't wait to marry him surrounded by all of our friends and family.
- I will do my best to keep my head about me with regards to planning and only take on projects that I will actually enjoy.
- I will do my best to stay organized will help me to stay calm.
- I will do my best to eat more vegetables, drink less wine, and exercise more to take care of myself even if my stress levels spike a bit higher than normal this year.
- I will do my best to continue to blog and write to help me reflect on 2012 as it unfolds.
I have big plans for the next few weeks as I prepare to head to alt (outfit plans! blogging goals! official transition to the new site!), and I will share with you where I want this little blog to go over the next year. So stick with me!
What are your goals/resolutions for 2012?