Hey Ya'll! Welcome my new Bright & Shiny Mondays!
photo taken by Paul Frederiksen
I love Gingko Trees. As winter approaches, their bright yellow leaves have always seemed to me a reminder that Spring will come again.
I'm going to be trying some new stuff out on the blog, so please give me your honest feedback about what you think. Alt has really got me inspired to focus my blog a bit more.
So Mondays are going to be my bright & shiny days. I know what you're thinking. I must be joking. . . , but i'm not.
Mondays are the first day of the new work week. They represent new beginnings and a new chance to tackle your professional challenges refreshed and renewed.
So I've decided I'm going to start treating Mondays a little better. As we speak I'm actually on my way out the door to meet Shap at the gym at 6:30am!! No more groaning (well at least less). More excitement. More dancing. More singing on my way to work.
Here at Not Merely Living, on Mondays I will share things that inspire me, big ideas, and things i'm loving right now. You get the idea.
Today, I am Bright & Shiny because:
– It's almost February, and I'm ready for it.
– My mom's birthday is tomorrow. And since she is SO aweome her birthday fills me with Bright & Shiny feelings of love and appreciation. Even though I can't be in the Bama to celebrate with her, I've sent her a special surprise.
– It's leap year! We have an extra day this year and this month, and I don't plan on wasting it. I'm currently brainstorming for a leap year party.
– I'm going to be unveiling several new project and series on the blog, and I couldn't be more excited. I hope that you all will continue to join me.
– I'm looking forward to starting to work on our wedding invitation design. I'm also a little terrified by this project, but I think it's going to be really fun to do it with Viet.
– My weekend was filled with cuteness. Are you ready? On Saturday night, we celebrated the Lunar New Year with Viet's Aunts, Uncles and cousins in Napa:
On Sunday, we spent the day with our dear favorite Anya (and her parents :). She is growing up so fast!! And she is sooo cute. Check at her laughing at uncle Viet:
Did you have a lovely weekend? Hope your Monday is Bright & Shiny!