I took this photo looking out from my friend Stacy's balcony a few weeks ago on the opening night of the Olympics. I loveee visiting Stacy's apartment because she and her hubby have an epic view of our city's skyline. When I was thinking about a picture for my August goals that represents where I am right now in my life, I immediately thought about my city and remembered this photo. We are happy newlyweds, both slightly stressed with work, hanging out with friends, and spending as much time in the sunshine as we can manage in the middle of a blissful summer. We are tired, but we are happy. And I'm loving these moments. Just us. in our tiny apartment. in the middle of our favorite neighborhood. in our favorite city.
We are committing to this life, and it feels great. My word of the year is commitment, so I've been framing my monthly goals this year by committing to fully living each month. I'm a little bit behind sharing these goals with you (my wedding recaps took a bit longer than I planned :).
+ We have made great progress cleaning out our apartment! We made several hefty goodwill runs, and we completely cleaned out and rearranged our apartment.
+ I have definitely rededicated to the blog, and I have a lot of exciting new things in store for you guys!
+ We are very close to finishing our thank you notes!
+ We have been cooking more (I've even started eating fish!). Our favorite meal in July was definitely Hey Gumbo!
+ I've changed my name and have it changed on almost all my info. It was quite a doozie, but I'm excited to have my new name. I'm gradually snuggling into it.
+ We have almost had weekly date nights. Love. THEM.
- I gave up on photo a day. I KNOW. :( so sad. I was so excited about it. I got less than excited about it when I wasn't super plussed with the prompts I was coming across. So I'm brainstorming how to keep it up but reinterpret it. stay tuned.
- I have returned to Tae Kwon Do yet. I can't bare to dedicate the massive $$ to it yet.
In August, I am committing to:
* update the blog and plan a blog redesign (actually drawing it out)
* plan and cook at least one new dish from start to finish each week
* be outside more!
* clean out my office
* figure out my own photo a day challenge
* drink less on school nights
* get some sort of exercise plan together. srsly.
* be grateful for my hubby. :)
What are your goals this month?