Ya'll. Kale is my new favorite thing.
We have been eating so much kale that I am seriously craving it almost every day.
The hubs is a much better cook than I am, so I'm going to be featuring some of his favorite recipes on the blog in the future. Here's the first one!
We have literally been eating this kale salad at least three times a week over the past month.
This is loosely based on this recipe from Epicurious. If you have thought to yourself, Yeck. I would never eat raw kale, but it has so many nutrients. . .. This is the recipe for you! The hubs makes two versions of this every time he makes it– one with the anchovies (for him) and one without (for me).
Here are the ingredients you need:
Kale (Tuscan or regular will both work)
2 small lemons
8-10 cloves of garlic
3/4 cup of olive oil
salt and pepper to taste
a teaspoon or so of parmegiano reggiano
8 anchovy fillets (optional)
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
Tool: Immersion Blender
1. Get excited about all the yummy nutrients in your yummy kale.
2. Prep your ingredients in cute little dishes. 🙂
3. Cut the Kale leaves long ways off the middle stems. Discard the stems.
4. Once all the Kale leaves are off the main stems, chop the Kale in tiny pieces.
5. Soak all of Kale in a bowl of water (the hubs likes to do this to make it extra crispy later on).
6. Chop garlic cloaves in halves or quarters.
7. & 8. Put the chopped cloaves and Parmegianno cheese in a tall cup or mug.
9. Cut small lemons and squeeze out the juice (remove the seeds).
10. & 11. Add the juice and salt/pepper to the cheese & garlic.
12. Add olive oil to the glass.
13. (Optional) add Anchovies.
14. Use Immersion Blender to mix ingredients.
15. Mix well for approximately 1-2 minutes until you have a thick consistent mixture.
16. Drain Kale. Mix with dressing. ENJOY!
And there you have it! Be Warned, you will get addicted to this super food with this recipe! 🙂
Happy Hump Day!