First, I want to send a huge Happy Birthday out to my dad. He’s the greatest. Love you dad. Looking forward to celebrating in two weeks.
Probably at least 10 times this week I’ve said “You can’t make this up.”
The best thing is that I know I will look back on this week and laugh. Maybe not until at least February, but still.
Here are my favorites from this week:
1. Knitting: I’m working on two gifts, and I’m loving them so far:
2. Our tree! This is our first week with the tree up, and it’s amazing how much joy it brings just being there. Christmas trees are my favorite.
3. A new book: HTML & CSS. I’ve been eyeing this book for a little while, and Viet just bought it for me. I have so much to learn, and I can’t wait.
5. My new computer arrived! I bought a new computer on Black Friday, because it’s the only day of the year you can get a discount on mac products. I’ve had my old macbook for six years on Thanksgiving, and I finally gave up when I lost my “P” key. Isn’t she a beaut? I love how lightweight she is. I’ve named her Johnnie 5 :):
6. Also my husband is my favorite. Because I got my new computer, he couldn’t wait until Christmas to give me one of my gifts. He’s so sweet. I can’t wait to try out Photoshop Elements 11:
7. Prom. I can’t believe I haven’t told you guys about PROM yet. Prom is really my favorite. How could it not be?
For our holiday party this weekend, we’re having Prom. That’s pretty much all there is to it, and this should give you an idea how awesome it’s going to be. Two words: Red Carpet.
When I went to the fabric store to buy red fabric for our red carpet last night, the woman at the counter asked me what I was making, so I told her “A red carpet. We’re having prom.”
To which she replied, “Do you have teenagers?” Yeah, no. We’re adults. and we’re having Prom.
I’m wearing a dress I’ve had for over a decade. Get excited. There will be photos.
8. Mensch of the Month !!!
Two of my dear friends make and sell this INCREDIBLE calendar to raise funds for an awesome San Francisco based non-profit called Smart that helps get low-income kids prepared for high school and college. Looking for a gift for that special single jewish lady in your life? Look no further. Buy a great gift for an amazing cause this holiday season!
Have a lovely weekend friends!