As of today, there are officially only six months left until I turn 30 (yesterday was my half-birthday). This milestone has inspired me to create a 30 before 30 list. I was so swept up in my Golden Year project that I never thought about making one before.
The great thing about this list is that it mostly just came to me stream of consciousness.
To get inspired, I first read:
These got thinking less about what we should/do/could want and need to denote as our own life markers, and more just about me. Where am I now? Where would I like to be? What is the world I believe in? that I’m helping to create?
How do I mark my days? and then I thought about my life manifesto.
So six months out, these are my 30 goals before I turn 30:
1. print at least 1 photo of myself from each of my first 29 years and do something cool with them
2. cut out alcohol for 30 days
3. work out (no cheating) every day for at least 30 consecutive days (try different routines during this 30 day period to see what you like best>>make a list)
4. plan my own birthday celebration
5. complete my golden year progress and make some sort of craft, book, blogging page that summarizes it
6. figure out what comes after Golden Year (project rest of my life?)
7. learn conversational french
8. make the time to invest in your writing. Prioritize it. Unplug. Go to the quiet. Write just to write. . . and then to share.
9. learn how to shoot in manual
10. redesign. reimagine. re-envision. and refocus Not Merely Living
11. drink champagne under the eiffel tower
12. make a restaurant list
13. make a california travel list
14. start a series where I interview my loved ones: parents, grandparents, siblings, friends. real people
15. try codecademy for reals. once a day for 30 days
16. come up with a 365 project for 2014
17. meditate/think on/ work on my insecurities: body image, not being good enough, not being smart enough>> write about it.
18. drive down the coast of california
19. rid my life of anything that isn’t beautiful or useful. Literally. go through all my stuff. This could result in an epic yard sale or goodwill run.
20. learn 20-30 yoga poses that I can do anywhere
21. actually schedule appointments for at least two date nights a month (starting in May) and create a list of possible date nights to make this easier to schedule
22. learn how to use illustrator
23. learn to play the guitar
24. walk from one edge of SF to another
25. sew a dress for myself
26. organize all of my photos and all of our music
27. have photos professionally taken
28. take a martial arts class
29. pay it forward
30. host a dinner party
Check back tomorrow for a wrap-up of my April goals, May goals (!), and a special project.