Today is my half-birthday y’all! I can’t believe this golden year is already half way over. I only have six months left until the big 3-0!
I’m putting together my 30 before 30 list, and I’m excited to share it with you all tomorrow.
My new friend Camille nominated me for a Liebster award on Friday, and I’m honored to participate. I hadn’t heard of the Liebster before, but it’s so much fun! Hopefully, you may learn some things about me that you didn’t know before. . .
3. If there is a chocolate option of anything, I have to choose it (no matter what. I’d regret it otherwise!).
4. I mostly don’t have a Southern accent even though I spent most of my first 23 years in Alabama. I think I this is because I sound like my mom (she grew up in Des Moines).
5. I have a Tennessee-shaped birth mark on my lower back.
6. I have a 3rd degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I taught for many years (I miss it dearly).
7. I have always wanted to play Beatrice in Much Ado About Nothing. I probably know all of her lines by heart. To this day, every so often I google Much Ado and community theater just to make sure there isn’t a local production I could try out for. (#lifedream) I need to add this to my life list!
8. I think I have pretty feet and ugly hands.
9. I love games. Card games are my favorite. I am a surprisingly good sport (says me) even though I’m pretty competitive.
10. Of my three siblings, I’m the oldest and the only one with green eyes. My mom is also the oldest of 4 siblings, and the only one of her siblings with green eyes. Just a random, cool fact.
11. the fun stuff: I’m an ENFJ on Myer’s-Brigg. I’m a scorpio. My love languages are words of affirmation and gift giving (Viet’s are acts of service and quality time. We’re opposities–Surprise!)
2. Favorite place to spend a sunny afternoon? In my backyard barbecuing or picnicing in the park.
3. Most rewarding experience from blogging? Meeting awesome new blogging friends and finally starting to cross some items from my life list. Blogging is so personally motivating!
4. In five years, I hope to… still be blogging! I hope that no matter what comes our way with family or career that I’m still able to stay dedicated to Not Merely Living.
5. Favorite color combo that never fails? Don’t roll your eyes, but anything green!! I can’t help it! It’s my spirit color. 🙂
6. Which Spice Girl best represents your personality? hmm. Such a hard question for me. I think maybe a cross between Scary and Sporty? I don’t know why except that I’m not very much like Ginger, Posh or Baby.
7. Song or album you can’t stop listening to? Right now I’m listening to the most recent Tegan and Sara album: Heartthrob. so good.
8. If money were no object, what would be your first splurge? Definitely plane tickets to all of the places I’ve always wanted to visit.
9. Classic question: stranded on an island, what three things are a must? 1. a large mutli-purpose sharp tool/knife 2. matches 3. warm, waterproof clothing << these are so boring! Too many seasons of Lost.
impractical choices: 1. a book series that wouldn’t get boring like the Chronicles of Narnia or Lord of the Rings 2. as much chocolate as I could bring 3. some sort of music maker (ipod/radio/etc) with a solar battery.
10. Cats or dogs? Even though I have a cat (sorry Scratch’n!), I think I have to say dogs.
11. What’s your best hidden talent? Public speaking. I’m one of the freaky small percentage of people who actually like it even though I don’t really do it often.
1. Lauren of Seventeenth & Irving
2. Melissa from Serving Seconds
3. Paige from Approaching Joy
4. Joy from Frock Files
1. What’s your favorite season?
2. What did you want to be when you grew up?
3. Sweet or Savory?
4. Favorite boy band?
5. Do you prefer fiction or non-fiction?
6. If you could meet anyone living or dead, who would it be?
7. What is one secret goal or dream you have for yourself?
8. What is one thing that you do or place you go that gets you refocused and energized?
9. What’s your spirit animal?
10. What are you most proud of today?
11. Since 2013 is a third of the way through, what’s one resolution or goal you want to make sure you stick with this year?
Thanks so much for nominating me Camille! I’m looking forward to reading everyone’s answers, and I hope you enjoyed mine.
Happy Monday friends!