I have lots of random thoughts–like, er. . . all the time. Mostly, I just tuck them away, but today I want to share them. These are just some things that have been on my mind this week. Around here I like to write about a combination of carefully planned things (goals! food! crafts!) and just my real life moments, experiences, and thoughts. I think this post obviously falls into the latter.
Five Random Thoughts for your Friday:
1. Every time I walk into a restaurant my very first inclination is to take a picture of the lighting (example from last night at Tacolicious above). It sets the tone. It can be so lovely and magical and romantic. A good photo of lighting is very inspiring to me.
2. Great people find you when you have an open heart. Don’t be afraid to open yourself to the unknown–especially to meeting new people and making new friends. If you open your heart, they will come (Lauren, Melissa, Emily, & Lissa all fall into this category for me lately). If I hadn’t opened my heart and mind (and conquered my insecurities), I never would have befriended these lovely ladies. and oh how happy I am that I did.
3. Introverts and Extroverts need each other. I started thinking about this when I read Theresa’s post about Quiet. My husband is an introvert. Some of my most respected colleagues (my boss) and my friends are introverts, and we balance each other in the best of ways. I’m grateful for the ways that we are different.
4. I could only wear green every day and be blissfully happy. Like really. I always want to buy the green option. help.
5. Sometimes, when you’re at work (or at home) and you just believe something so hard and you know you are so right, but no one else seems to get it, you just have to get into the elevator and dance to your own music for a while until people start to get it. Get in. Close the Doors. and focus on your destination or your truth. Get in the Elevator! Trust me–it works.
In closing, I love this space. I love writing and being inspired and dreaming. I’m so grateful for Not Merely Living and for each of you who take the time to join me. Thank you for being here. Thanks for reading. Thanks for caring.
Happy almost weekend,