Y’all. I checked off a serious item on my 30 Before 30 list this weekend when I drove down the coast with three of my closest girlfriends.
Here is what you need to know about what was awesome and thrilling about this trip:
We made no plans in advance.
That’s right. I know some of you are cringing. I had the convertible reserved (thanks to our friend Thanh who hooked us up), and that’s where the planning ends.
We had no plotted map, no planned stops, and no hotel reservations. We just got in the car and drove.
and it was magical. We were spontaneous. We laughed until we cried. literally.
On the first day we ended up stopping at the beach for a few hours, and while we there we were discussing how we didn’t really have any goals or expectations for the trip, and then also somehow wonderously at the same time there were dolphins (a school of them) dancing about twenty feet from the shoreline, and so we just said:
“See some sweet dolphins on display: CHECK!”
“Have a beautiful impromptu picnic on the beach: CHECK!”
and suddenly we started checking off the incredible unexpected accomplishments throughout our trip. We all decided that this is the way that life should be: no goals, just Checks!
Here’s are just a few of the amazing life experiences we were able to check off:
- Discovering that the worm looking creatures at the bottom of our wine glasses were not in fact worms: Check!
- Seeing dolphins, whales, zebras, and some sort of undetermined mix between a sheep and an anteater: Check!
- Seeing a natural bridge: Check!
- Sunset Golden Hour Photo Shoot: Check!
- Getting the last room in town after an epic race chase: Check!
- Seeing the sun set over the Pacific: Check!
- Going to two Safeways in one day: Check!
- Visiting Pigeon Point Lighthouse: Check!
- Buying SO MANY hats: Check!
- Making it to Solvang: Check! Making it out of Solvang: Check!
- Eating Ice Cream in Santa Barbara: Check!
- Surviving in 97 degree weather multiple days in a row: Check!
- Dazzling Dappling through the trees: Check!
- Riding top down on the 1 with no where to go and no place to be except right where you are: Check!
Having nowhere to go and nowhere to be is the best. feeling. ever. I think from now on anytime my everyday life is stressing me out I’m going to grab a few friends and hit the open road.
This post isn’t sponsored by FujiFilm but it should be. Because one of my favorite aspects of the trip was using the amazing Fuji Instant Camera. I highly recommend it. It’s so awesome it’s worth the expensive film. Just look:
This was by far the best #30before30 item I’ve checked off yet. Thanks to Lauren, Lisa and Liz for making it a weekend I’ll never forget! Y’all are the best!