My Golden year has finally come to a close, and I have to admit I'm a little relieved! 29 was very good to me, and I learned a lot of things and really put myself out there, but y'all, I'm tired. I had really ambitious goals each month, and they were incredible and inspiring (even when I didn't quite accomplish them). I'm still working on a way to capture all of those great golden successes in one place.
This year though, I'm in such a different place. I don't need to kickstart my inspiration like I did last year. I've got ideas for days of things I want to learn and try, but I also don't want these new projects to be my "goals." This year I'm ready to focus on some simpler goals and allow myself to relax and enjoy life a bit more.
I like to think of this time right after my birthday as my New Year (Happy New Year, Me!), so I'm thinking about my own personal resolutions for what I want for myself big picture during the big Thirty.
Some of the resolutions I can think of right off the top of my head are:
* spend more time on the things I truly love and abandon the leftovers
* write more
* read more
* exercise regularly
* take the blog in new directions that are fun and uniquely me
* make more time for me unplugged
* and mostly, Keep It Simple Sweetheart. Simplify your life.
* nest in our new apartment and put stuff on the walls
* take more selfies
I'm working on a 31 before 31 list (again with the theme of keeping it simple), but I'm also going to start each month with Five Simple Goals. I want them to be motivating but also extremely obtainable.
So these are my first five simple goals for November. I'm sharing my goals on a selfie, because I hate taking my own picture and I need to get over it. So here's a recent shot from our time at the beach with my November goals:
1. Go to 1 yoga class (Baby. Steps. Y'all)
2. Share a Gratitude a Day. Last year I followed along with several folks while they shared something they were thankful for each day of November, and I really loved it. I'm going to be instagramming/tweeting at least one thing a day during November. I was inspired by this post on instagram (join in by tagging your gratitude with #30daysthankful).
3. Move Upstairs! It's happening this weekend! Now we just have to survive it. 🙂 I can't wait to share photos of our new space.
4. Start Knitting Again! I have been so ready to get back to regular knitting. The crisp air has finally arrived, and I've got several projects I'm ready to dig into.
5. Launch new redesign! Lisa from Elembee has really been working her magic, and we should be launching very soon. I can't wait to share the new site with you all!
Do you set monthly goals for yourself? Happy November!