Since my birthday in October I’ve been setting FIVE SIMPLE GOALS for myself at the beginning of each month. Because I am super self conscious about posting pictures of myself, I’m also simultaneously trying to challenge myself a bit by posting the goals on a recent photo of myself.
Since I didn’t have a recent selfie for January’s goals, I took this one on my couch as I was writing this post (#bloglife). Taking pictures of myself (that I actually like) is a lot harder than I thought it would be.
My goals for January are a mix of planning, self care, and fun. I have a jam-packed month ahead of me with lots of travel and adventure, and I’m also thinking big picture about my planning for the year. Here’s looking at you, January:
1. Try to create a real exercise routine and track your progress. I’ve got a plan. It involves stickers. Stay tuned.
2. Make the most of my trip to Alt: This is my third year (!), and I just want to have a nice time where I soak it all in and don’t put too much pressure on myself. I’m looking to find that magical balance.
3. Finish my blogging editorial calendar for 2014: I’m almost there, but I want to get that puppy wrapped up.
4. Spend 10 minutes of every evening picking up the apartment: This makes all the difference. I need to make it a habit.
5. Launch my own 52 Weeks Project (starts tomorrow!!): Ok. I am SO excited about this!!! Check back tomorrow for all the details.
I’m still really liking the five simple goals plan. It’s a simple enough list that I can remember all five of the goals and try to remind myself as the month goes along. Live everyone, I’ve been thinking a lot about resolutions. But with my five simple goals and by 31 goals before I turn 31, I think I’ve got goals and resolutions covered this year.
There are some big picture resolutions I guess I’d like to keep in mind for myself this year. I’d like to resolve to be healthier generally (just like everyone else). I’d like to grow Not Merely Living, and I’d like to do a lot more crafting and creating this year. In general, I want to be a better wife. I want to get rid of a lot of clutter.
But my single most significant resolution is simply to just be present in whatever moment, experience or task that I’m undertaking. I feel like we are all such master multitaskers with technology nowadays. Sure it’s easy to blog while I watch tv on my episode and cook dinner, but I’m
sometimes always happier and more focused if I take those tasks once at a time.
That’s me in January and in general for 2014. Have you made any goals or resolutions for yourself for 2014 or for January in particular?