I have selfishly been trig to make the perfect granola recipe for me. I wanted it to have all of my favorite flavors. Full confession: I made about four failed batches of granola before I finally made this magic.
What I love about this recipe is that you can easily substitute the nuts for your favorite nuts. And also, that it’s so freakin easy.
So easy. Total Prep time is about 10 minutes.
I like to roast my nuts in advance to make them extra crunchy.
I used bananas that were ripe but not too ripe. This is a personal preference of course. They need to be soft enough to be easily mashed and blended with the maple syrup. I think they would taste delicious regardless.
The combining of the wet and dry ingredients is the most critical step. You want to make sure that you mix the two well enough so that all the dry oats are coated.
Bake and Enjoy! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
- 5 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup of pecans
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 cup of 100% maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Roast almonds and pecans with salt on the stovetop for 3-5 minutes. In a large bowl, mix dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, and brown sugar) until they are well blended. Then add in nuts.
- In a medium bowl, mix wet ingredients (bananas & maple syrup) until they are well blended.
- Add bananas and maple syrup mixture to the dry mixture, mixing thoroughly until the oats and nuts are evenly coated.
- Spread the granola on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and cook for 45 minutes, stirring every ten minutes are so. Don't remove until oats are golden and crunchy (if you like your granola crunchy).
- Let granola cool and store in an airtight container.