Total Crafting Time: 10-15 minutes
Tip: Use a ruler to lightly draw on the fold lines
As I went through my pictures for this post, I thought to myself that it may be highly likely that most of you are going to read this and think what was she thinking?
A Valentine’s cup?
Well. Trust me. This is the simplest, last minute Valentine ever. And the truth is: I tried to make my own origami heart. I love origami, so I thought that I could totally create my own origami heart that would be super cute and somehow turn into a super sweet Valentine’s envelope. Sound easy, right? Wrong. What actually happened is that I tried to make my own origami heart origami pattern, and then I got frustrated and just cut off the frustrating parts. 🙂 My kind of origami pattern.
But when I finished cutting and folding, I made this very simple but super cute Valentine’s heart cup with slits for both a secret note and candy. Nguyen. Nguyen. Hyuck. Hyuck.
- gold paint pen
- washi tape
- pink or red paper for the heart cup
- paper for your note
- Heart Cup template (a rough sketch made by hand)
1. Cut out template and use it to trace the cup shape onto your paper of choosing. You must excuse me for the state of the template. It’s a long story, but I lost.
2. Cut out the template.
3. At this point it’s helpful to use a ruler to light draw the three fold lines (you see the template to guide you).
4. Fold along the lines laid out in the template.
5. Draw your friend’s name or any other cute design on the front with the gold paint pen inside the heart shape.
6. Fold the two sides (the lower triangles) back behind the heart shape.
7. Bring the two edges of the triangles together (they should not lay flat against the heart because they’re creating a nice pocket), and seal them together with a piece of washi tape.
8. Place a note for your Valentine in the front pocket of the heart.
9. Fill the back pocket with candy.
10. Share with someone you love. 🙂