I’ve decided to document the pregnancy in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me).
We heard the baby’s heartbeat mid last week, and it was strong and solid. Hearing it always makes me tear up.
On Sunday we’ll find out the gender, and I have to admit I’m a little nervous! It’s crazy that our little bean is a girl or a boy and has been all along (in their DNA anyways), and we’re just now about to find out.
I have moments where I wonder if I really want to know, but I’m ready to start picturing this little gal or guy as a fuller person.
- I’ve finally started to gain a bit of weight, but I’m not quite up to my pre-pregnancy weight (about 1 more pound to go). I lost about 7 pounds in my first trimester (I literally think it was mostly that I stopped drinking wine). Although being underweight seems like a good problem to have, it has made me nervous. I want to make sure the Bean is growing like he or she should. Now that I’m in my second trimester, I should gain weight more regularly.
- I have a huge appetite, but I’m full in an instant. I’m craving citrus (oranges, grapefruits, tangerines-you name it). Milk is my favorite drink with dinner. I’m still craving hot tamales (I’ve turned into my mother).
- The bump has continued to swell a bit this week. Although it looks legitimately bumpy in this dress, you can still barely tell it’s there in my tops and blouses. It gives me so much peace just to know it’s there.
- I’m not sure exactly, but sometimes I swear I can feel something stirring.
- My back continues to bother me, but I’m hoping to start going to prenatal yoga at least twice a week which will hopefully help.
Done (one new “accomplishment”)
To Do (no progress)