I’ve decided to document the pregnancy in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me).
You’ve probably noticed that I’ve skipped a few weeks of Pregnancy updates. I was getting bored at how little things were changing week to week, so I’d thought I’d mix it up a bit. This is my fourth PREGNANCY update. For now, I’m planning to share these updates every other week or so, and then I’ll share other pregnancy related news/finds on the alternating Tuesdays.
I’m slowly starting to actually feel pregnant. For the longest time, I’ve just known I was pregnant, but I didn’t actually feel pregnant. It’s a very joyful feeling to know our little girl is growing and that my body is just doing what it was meant to do. It’s absolutely shocking to me that I’ve been alive this long without ever being pregnant (I don’t mean that how it sounds. ha), and now I’m pregnant, and my body is just changing and blooming to fulfill it’s part in the life cycle. It’s wondrous, really. It knows exactly what to do. This process is so much bigger than me. Some days I’m scared about how clumsy I am (at life) and how ill-prepared I am to be anybody’s mom, but then I just know that it will all be just as it should. This process is so much bigger than me.
Things they don’t tell you about being pregnant #1:You forget your pregnant. I don’t actually feel what’s going on in there even though I’m actually starting to look more pregnant. I still have moments when I’m like whoa, that’s right, there’s a baby in there!
I am so ready to start feeling the bean moving around. so ready. I feel hints of things, blurred stirrings, but I’m never 100% sure that they aren’t just my body functioning as it always has.
What can I say? This little guy was leftover from Tres de Mayo.
- the bump: I can’t believe how much I’ve changed physically since my last update at 17 weeks. Y’all, it’s crazy. The bean has definitely had a growth spurt. I went from arching my back for the bump to barely seeing my toes when I stand up straight. and I love it.
- the pounds: I’m gaining weight! Not a lot, but it feels like I’m at a normal pace now. I’m +3 pounds and feelin’ good.
- the cravings: I’m still craving fruit and craving so many sweets. The sweet cravings have only come on the last few weeks, but they are strong. I’m trying to limit myself to small indulgences. 🙂 I also love milk. It’s my new evening drink. My usual daily routine is an Oj box with the vitamin D and calcium, green tea (then I switch to water), wheaties, fruit, kale salad and two boiled eggs for lunch, more fruit (or almonds or peanut butter pretzels depending on the day), maybe a red vine 🙂 or two, dinner (usually a protein and greens-last night we had stir fry) with milk or water, and a poco dolce almond chocolate square 🙂 or two for dessert.
- the clothes: dresses and blouses are my new best friends. Things they don’t tell you about being pregnant #2: There are different types of maternity jeans that are comfortable at different stages of the pregnancy. In the beginning, I thought I would only be comfortable in the short banded jeans because I didn’t realize that I just wasn’t big enough for the pull up kind. Now the short bands cut into my belly and the pull-ups 🙂 are the way to go. If I’d known, I would have made different purchasing choices.
- the exercise: I’ve been going to prenatal yoga every Monday, and I absolutely love it. I’d like to work up to twice a week, but I’m having trouble fitting it in. It feels like it’s not enough, and I want to be moving more. still trying to figure out how.
- the aches: My back continues to bother me off and on, but I think the yoga is helping.
- tmi: My stomach is a roller coaster, but if this is as bad as it gets (knock on wood), I’ll take it.
Done (one new “accomplishment”)
The Growing To-Do list