I’ve decided to document the pregnancy in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me). This is my fifth PREGNANCY update. I’m hoping to share these updates every other week.
Viet was making me laugh in our little photoshoot, so this is just one of the goofy shots he captured.
Well, friends, I think I’ve entered what they call the second trimester “honeymoon phase.” I’m feeling wonderful. I’m ecstatic to be growing our little bean, and life is good. My head and my heart have been more at ease as I’ve continued to grow and feel more fully pregnant. I finally think I look more obviously preggers. But the kicks have been far been my favorite development. I felt my first kicks at the beginning of week 21 (they felt like someone was flicking me with their thumb and forefinger from the inside), and since then, I think I’ve been a lot more relaxed. I think I skipped the butterfly feelings and went straight to the kicks, but I’m not complaining.
It’s official: I love being pregnant.
- the bump: Can you tell that the bean has grown a bit? I always take these pictures on Sunday afternoons, and I can definitely see the difference from two weeks ago.
- the pounds: My sweet tooth is definitely helping me to catch up on the poundage. I’ve gained about 5 pounds. I’m still in my pre-pregnancy pants size (although I’m not in any of my pre-pregnancy pants. It’s maternity wear all the way for me).
- the cravings: I’m officially craving ice cream all the time. I’m still loving milk. My daily routine is still the same. I’m still starting my day with OJ and green tea and getting in lots of fruit.
- the clothes: I’m almost exclusively in maternity clothes now. I love maternity clothes. They are so ding dang soft and comfortable! I don’t know how I’ll ever go back to normal clothing.
- the exercise: I’m still making it to prenatal yoga every Monday, and I would really like try to go twice a week (but so far I’ve been unsuccessful).
- the aches: My back continues to bother me, and I think it’s getting a bit worse. 🙁
New deets (I recently stumbled across this blog, and I thought I might share a few of the same details):
- movement: She’s definitely moving around. I don’t notice all the time, but I love feeling her little movements when they happen. I’m hoping Viet will be able to feel them on the outside soon.
- queasiness?: It’s back. I’ve had waves of low level nausea hitting me in the morning again just like I did the first trimester.
- gender: In case you missed it, it’s a . . . 🙂
- belly button: In, but it’s starting to stretch! It’s nuts.
- rings on?: yep. no finger swelling yet.
Done (still no new progress)
The Growing To-Do list