Since my birthday in October I’ve been setting FIVE SIMPLE GOALS for myself at the beginning of each month. Because I am super self conscious about posting pictures of myself, I’m also simultaneously trying to challenge myself a bit by posting the goals on a recent photo of myself.
Welllll hello there, June! I know I’m a little late to the party. I took a break from blogging last week. The hubs and I celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary with a surprise trip to Maui! We spent six glorious days there, and it was truly like a dream.
Between growing the bean, work, and life, I haven’t had much time for blogging lately. But I’m back! I’m going to have to do some major thinking about what the future of this blog looks like before the bean gets here. I don’t plan to stop blogging, but I may need to cut back my days or change things up a bit. I hope you’ll continue following along on my journey no matter what.
This June we’ve got a mix of routine and adventure. We’ve got a few weekends at home and a few traveling, so I’m mostly focused on continuing to eat healthy, staying relaxed, and getting enough sleep (gotta take care of my bean). Here are my simple goals for this month:
1. Host a rad shower for my girl Lauren. I was so honored when my dear friend Lauren invited me to be one of her bridesmaids. A few months later, when we found out we were pregnant, I was of course ecstatic but also super bummed I won’t be able to stand by Lauren’s side on her wedding day (I’m due 3 days before her big day). But luckily I still get the chance to celebrate Lauren. Together with her sister Lindsey, we’ve got a fun-packed shower and bachelorette weekend planned for a few weekends from now.
2. Catch up with friends. We’ve been traveling a lot lately, which I love, but I’m missing a few of my pals. I’m in need of some serious catching up.
3. Buy Furniture. With the bean on the way, we need a dresser for the nursery, some shelves, and a new sectional for the living room. We’ve been dragging our feet on these (furniture purchases are so stressful!), but it’s time to get things in place.
4. Soak up my mom when she visits. My amazing friends are throwing me a baby shower in a few weeks (eek! so excited!), and my mom is coming out to attend and will be visiting with us for a whole week!! It’s been way too long since I’ve seen her, and I really want to soak her up.
5. Purge and Nest. Yesterday we spent almost the entire day cleaning out our office and bedroom. We’ve probably donated a truckload worth of stuff to Goodwill in the last few weeks, and we’re still not done! I’m hoping with my mom’s help, we can get the all of the basics of the nursery pretty much ready to go by the end of the month.
I still love making these five simple goals each month. They help me stay focused and inspired without feeling overwhelmed.
Do you have goals for the month?