I’ve decided to document the pregnancy in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me). This is my seventh PREGNANCY update.
Thanks so much for all of your emails and comments on my post last thursday. Your support really means a lot! I apologize for being MIA on Friday and Monday. I need to figure out a real plan for the blog over the next few months. When I planned for this year for Not Merely Living, I didn’t know if necessarily we would be expecting a little one, and there is a lot more on my plate now than I could have imagined.
I think some things are going to have to give, but I need to really think about what that means. Maybe it means cutting back to 3 or 4 posts a week instead of 5. No matter, what I’ll let you all know as soon as I’ve figured it out. In the meantime, my weekly card game series has really been the hardest thing to keep up, so I’m trying to really think about how I can keep that up without exhausting myself. Stay tuned.
In other news, Hello Third Trimester!!! I can’t believe it’s finally here. I am simultaneously extremely excited and a little overwhelmed by how much I have to accomplish in the next few months! so much. But it’s all worth it because I am going to just dig in and kick a$$ the next 12 weeks and get my work life and our home ready for our little bean, because I know I just have to make it through these next 12 weeks. and then she’ll be here, in my arms. Life will never be the same, and we’re so ready.
My heart is so soft these days. I tear up a lot. I tear up when I look into Viet’s face and think about how lucky I am that we found each other and how lucky our little bean is to have him as a dad. I tear up when I think about how hard I love him. So Hard. and that I always imagined when I was younger that some day I would have a child, and I always hoped I would bring that child up in a house of so much love and laughter and fun. . . of dreaming and world building and secret passageways. and that’s the kinda love Viet and I have, and I’m just feeling
so sappy so grateful that life has brought me to this point. I am trying not to take any day or any kick or any of these roller coaster emotions for granted.
OMG. Also, my mom is coming on Saturday!!!! She hasn’t seen me pregnant yet :), and she’s coming for a whole week! My dear friends are throwing me a shower on Sunday, and I’m so glad my mom will be here. She’s going to help us get the nursery ready too. I. Can’t. Wait. to see her.
- the bump: Y’all. Da bump has taken on a life of its own. It feels humongo to me. I think I am growing exponentially, and it’s kinda awesome and also crazy. Like I knew that this was coming, but now it’s here, and there is no doubt any more that I’m pregnant. You can’t miss the bump anymore. It’s also been super interested to hear people’s reactions to the bump. In the past week I’ve heard everything from: Are you four months? no. to Are you about to have the baby soon? ha no. People have told me I’m looking small and others that I’m carrying very low. I do feel like I’m carrying low, and I do look a bit smaller than ladies at my same stage in my yoga class, but I’m also pretty tall (5’9″) so I just keep reminding myself that I’ve got a lotta room for the bean to stretch out. At my last check-up last week, the doc measured my belly and said I was measuring as if I was 27 weeks instead of 26 weeks! So regardless of how I’m looking, all is week. And I sure feel big enough!
- the pounds: +12 pounds. Still in my pre-pregnancy jean size (the number of course, not any of the same jeans!)
- the cravings: I passed my glucose test! I have to admit I was surprised given my cravings for sweet things. My cravings are pretty much the same. Still obsessed with ice cream and swiss cake rolls (also Root Beer). Still craving lots of fruit and almonds too now. Still loving my milk with dinner and my morning wheaties. Still super into Kale.
- the clothes: Loving maternity clothes. There are even a few of my early maternity clothes that I can’t wear anymore. Officially the maternity demin with just a single 3-4 inch band on the top: they are officially a no go now. They cut into my stomach, and I’ve tried stubbornly to wear them a few times and deeply regretted it. I can only wear the ones that stretch up over my tummy now. It’s offish.
- the exercise: I missed a two week stretch of yoga while we were on vacation, but I’m officially back to once a week. I still feel like it’s the absolute best thing to keep me stretched and strong and emotionally centered.
- the aches: My back took a pretty dark turn over the past few days. I think I’m officially having sharp sciatic pains. It’s worst in the morning right when I get out of bed or even when I get up after sitting for long periods of time. But it’s sharp, y’all. So I’m thinking about going to see a chiropractor that specializes in pregnant women with back pains. I would love to hear any other recommendations if anyone has had similar pain.
- movement: I think I may have mentioned that up until now I’ve really only felt her pretty low down (like a few inches below my belly button and lower). That’s still predominantly the case, but I’ve also started to feel a few movements higher up along my belly button line and a few strays even higher. And man, she is getting strong. Feeling her move has been by far my favorite. I can’t help but smile or get a little teary every time I feel a strong kick.
- queasiness?: Mostly none, but a few bouts here and there.
- gender: In case you missed it, IT’S A . . .
- belly button: It’s getting reallll close to poppage around here. It’s still holding on, but just barely.
- rings on?: Yep.
- Eating confessions: I found bacon that isn’t cured and doesn’t have nitrates (I swear), and I’m fighting not to buy 10 more packs.
Got a Crib from Viet’s sister (thanks, Thao!) Check
Bought a dresser for the nursery Check (Thanks, hubs!)
Started to get advice on birth plans from other moms Check
Got rid of the extra couch that was in the nursery Check (Thanks, hubs!)
Prep nursery tasks for my mom when she visits (eek! I need to do this stat!)
Make a list of my favorite baby books and kid books to build our collection