Since my birthday in October I’ve been setting FIVE SIMPLE GOALS for myself at the beginning of each month. Because I am super self conscious about posting pictures of myself, I’m also simultaneously trying to challenge myself a bit by posting the goals on a recent photo of myself.
Yay for July! I love July. Summer is officially here, and there are fireworks. #doublewin I’m seven months pregnant, and we are racing towards meeting our little girl. Work is jam packed but feeling great. My mom is here for a whole week! And we’ve got our last pre-bean trip coming up– a week of travel and family and friends. It doesn’t get any better than this.
Here are my simple goals for this month:
1. Enjoy the Fireworks (they’re my fave). Fireworks come and go so quickly, but I love them so much it hurts. I want to be in my love’s arms soaking them up and thinking of all the things that are worth celebrating.
2. Watch the bean grow. I’m finally feeling large and in charge, and I”m trying to enjoy every day of my growing belly. I know I’m going to grow rapidly over the next few months, and I’m looking forward to every moment.
3. Eat Beignets in NOLA. We’re headed to NOLA this month to celebrate my dear friend Kara’s birthday. A large group of us are renting a house, and we’ll be enjoying our last pre baby trip with our closest friends in one of our favorite cities in the world. so, yeah, and BEIGNETS!!
4. Make a list of songs to sing to the bean. I love to sing, and I’ve been meaning to put together a list of my favorite songs to sing to the bean now and after she’s on the outside.
5. Make progress on the nursery. We’re slowly but surely making progress, but I’d like to get our key pieces in place this month, and I need to start working on my plans for the walls (DIY art here I come!).
I still love making these five simple goals each month. They help me stay focused and inspired without feeling overwhelmed.
Do you have goals for the month?