I’ve decided to document my pregnancy in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me). This is my eighth PREGNANCY update.
My head has been in a whirlwind the past two weeks and my heart has been full. My mom left yesterday after a week long visit, and her being here and helping me to start nesting really made everything feel more real.
I’ll share all the juicy details next week, but I had an incredible baby shower last weekend surrounded by my dear friends. I couldn’t have felt more loved or excited. The Bean is so lucky to have so many amazing aunties in her life.
As the countdown to my due date seems to be speeding up, I’ve been really focused on work lately and trying to get everything organized and prepared for my leave. I’m going to be out during the busiest time at work, and so there’s a lot of prep work to be done. I’ve been so focused on work that I do feel like I’ve neglected a lot of our baby prep to-dos. The shower was just the kick I needed to get organized. We’ve got a week long trip coming up soon, but once we’re back and settled, I want to really hunker down and get the house in order.
As I get bigger and the little bean’s kicks and movements get stronger, I’ve had more bouts of fear/insecurity the past few weeks. The moments are always fleeting, but sometimes this wave of worry comes over me (suddenly it seems as though I have so much more to lose than I’ve ever had before).
- the bump: Being pregnant is so strange. Sure the bump keeps getting bigger, but sometimes I still forget I’m pregnant at all if I’m standing and the bean is snoozing or not wiggling. When I look back at the pictures from two weeks ago, I can tell that I really do seem to be having a growth spurt. For the first time strangers now fully and openly assume I’m pregnant. It’s weird that this literally just started happening out of the blue to me sometime in the past week. Prior to that, I had zero stranger pregnancy comments. Now, they won’t stop. It’s funny because folks don’t even ask. They just start in with something like, “So I assume your pregnant. . .” or “When are you due?”
- the pounds: +15 pounds. I seem to be packing it on more regularly and consistently now. Still in my pre-pregnancy jean size.
- the cravings: samesies: milk, gelato, nutter butters, fruit, kale, and eggs
- the clothes: Still living in my maternity yoga pants and a few pairs of maternity jeans. Target maternity dresses are officially my favorite. I think there isn’t a single article of pre preggo clothing that I can wear now (besides underwear).
- the exercise: I’ve recommitted to prenatal yoga over the past few weeks, and it’s still paying off. Especially as I get bigger, it’s nice to still have that time to push my muscles, to relax, and to stretch everything out.
- the aches: My back has been feeling better over the past few days (I think it’s the yoga). I’m hoping it stays under control.
- movement: There has been a lot of change in her movements since my last update. I think she’s getting a lot stronger, because I can officially feel her throughout the day now and with a lot more force. Even though most of her movements are still concentrated below the belly button, I now feel sporadic movements all over my belly.
- queasiness?: Only when I’m hungry.
- gender: In case you missed it, IT’S A . . .
- belly button: We’re at about half mast around here. She could pop any day.
- rings on?: Yep.
- Eating confessions: Every now and again I give in and have an afternoon diet coke. I always feel like absolute crap afterwards though. Also: thin mints.
Got a bunch of stuff off of our registry! (thanks friends and fam!) Check
Got a few prints framed for the nursery (thanks mom) Check
Made a plan to make my own thank you cards Check
Picked out our new couches! Check
Got a Crib from Viet’s sister (thanks, Thao!) Check
Bought a dresser for the nursery (Thanks, hubs!) Check
Started to get advice on birth plans from other moms Check
Got rid of the extra couch that was in the nursery Check (Thanks, hubs!)
Cleaned out the office to start the nursery transformation Check
Bought doors for our shelves so that we could move them to the living room and out of the office Check
Started working on Finished the registry! Check
Made a real plan for the nursery and the rest of the apartment Check
Reached out to my mom friends to start gathering registry ideas. Check
Started gaining weight. Check
Found a prenatal yoga class. Check
Bought Maternity clothes (I’m obsessed). Check
Daydreamed about nursery decor. Check
Created a few pregnancy and baby PINBOARDS. Check
The Growing To-Do List
Make a list of my favorite baby books and kid books to build our collection