I haven’t done much pre-bean reading. So far I’ve read Bringing up Bebe (very interesting), Great with Child (loved it), and What to Expect When You’re Expecting (informative). Mostly, I’ve wanted to avoid inundating myself with too much information if you know what I mean. There are just so many resources out there.
Now that I’m in the third trimester, I do want to start to do a bit of reading to learn more about my birth options and what to expect for the first days with the bean.
The books above are a few that have either been given to me or recommended by friends:
- Baby Bargains (I actually did use this book quite a lot when I was putting together are registry)
- Yoga for Pregnancy (haven’t used this as much since I started taking prenatal yoga classes, but it’s a great book)
- Mayo Clinic Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth
- A Thousand Days of Wonder
- Pregnancy Childbirth and the Newborn
- The Baby Book
- Baby 411
- The Happiest Baby on the Block
- The Fourth Trimester
- Eat Sleep Poop
- Brain Rules for Baby
Have you read any of the gems above? Any other pregnancy, birthing, or baby books you’d recommend? Lay em on me!