Since my birthday in October I’ve been setting FIVE SIMPLE GOALS for myself at the beginning of each month. Because I am super self-conscious about posting pictures of myself, I’m also simultaneously trying to challenge myself a bit by posting the goals on a recent photo of myself.
Wow. It’s August. We’ve made it. Past the 2nd trimester. Past all the travel. Now we’re in the home stretch. The bean is coming, and there’s a lot to do. But I’m also going to make sure to stay present and not let these day fly too fast.
Here are my simple goals for this month:
1. Finish the nursery. By the time September comes around we need to be ready for the bean, so it’s time to get the nursery on lock down.
2. Enjoy being pregnant. I’m getting bigger and things are getting a bit more uncomfortable, but I want to make sure to not take these last weeks for granted. I will never be pregnant for the first time again, and I want to soak it up.
3. Get more sleep. This one is self explanatory. It’s time to stock up on sleep now. 🙂
4. Celebrate our last month as a twosome. Eek! I can’t believe we’re going to be a family of three soon. We need to squeeze in some serious date nights in August!
5. Keep up prenatal yoga. The prenatal yoga has been one of the most helpful things I’ve done for myself while being pregnant, and it’s getting harder as I get bigger (but also even more necessary). I’m going to stay motivated and keep going 1-2 a week so I can stay strong and prepare for the seriously difficult tasks ahead.
I still love making these five simple goals each month. They help me stay focused and inspired without feeling overwhelmed.
Do you have goals for the month?