I’m documenting my pregnancy in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me). This is my tenth PREGNANCY update.
My head and heart are mostly good these days. My heart is full, and her strong kicks are helping to remind me our little bean is really in there and really going to be on the outside eventually. My emotions are getting bigger. Every so often I just break into big, gulpy tears because it’s all just so much to try to take in.
- the bump: It’s really so much more than a bump now, isn’t it? A stranger told me it looked like a volleyball last weekend. soooo, there’s that.
- the pounds: +22 pounds and feeling pretty good. I’ve definitely hit the waddling phase, but that seems normal. 😉
- the cravings: I’m not having many cravings. I’m just hungry all the time. So hungry.
- the clothes: eh. Most of my denim isn’t comfortable anymore. I really just have one pair that works. Now I’m only super comfy in yoga pants or dresses.
- the exercise: I went to yoga twice last week!!! And it felt great. I’m loving how yoga is helping me to feel strong but also mentally and emotionally preparing myself for labor.
- the aches: I’m mostly ache-free. My back has gotten a lot better. I’m beginning to feel much more uncomfortable and clumsy, but the aches are mostly gone.
- movement: Because my placenta is in the front, I’m just now starting to feel these big belly undulating movements. and they’re freaky y’all. But also awesome. She’s getting strong.
- queasiness?: none
- gender: In case you missed it, IT’S A . . .
- belly button: more out than in!
- rings on?: yes but my right hand rings have gotten stuck several times. My wedding rings are still fitting, but I have a feeling they won’t for very long. . .
- Eating confessions: Last week my favorite “whole wheat” snack was frosted mini wheats.
Sent Thank You cards (finally) Check
Plan the walls in the nursery. Check
Make a birth plan Check
Finish the bean’s knitted blanket Check!
Buy new couches. Check
Designed and printed Thank You notes! Check
Said goodbye to Scratch’n Check
Got a bunch of stuff off of our registry! (thanks friends and fam!) Check
Got a few prints framed for the nursery (thanks mom) Check
Made a plan to make my own thank you cards Check
Picked out our new couches! Check
Got a Crib from Viet’s sister (thanks, Thao!) Check
Bought a dresser for the nursery (Thanks, hubs!) Check
Started to get advice on birth plans from other moms Check
Got rid of the extra couch that was in the nursery Check (Thanks, hubs!)
Cleaned out the office to start the nursery transformation Check
Bought doors for our shelves so that we could move them to the living room and out of the office Check
Started working on Finished the registry! Check
Made a real plan for the nursery and the rest of the apartment Check
Reached out to my mom friends to start gathering registry ideas. Check
Started gaining weight. Check
Found a prenatal yoga class. Check
Bought Maternity clothes (I’m obsessed). Check
Daydreamed about nursery decor. Check
Created a few pregnancy and baby PINBOARDS. Check
The Growing To-Do List