I’m documenting my PREGNANCY in the same dress throughout (the dress seems like it will be stretchy enough to make it, but keep your fingers crossed for me-I’m soooo close).
I’m not sure how I can feel so simultaneously completely ready/excited and not ready at all. Our bags our packed. The nursery is bright and welcoming. We have nested and cleaned and cooked. Tomorrow is my last day of work, and I’m so ready to not be working. I can’t believe we are about to start this parenthood journey. I can’t believe I’m about to be a mom. I’m in that space of pre life changing wonder. Things are never going to be the same.
- the bump: The bump has dropped, and it feels like a torpedo.
- the pounds: I’ve gained 30 pounds, and I feel pretty good about it. 🙂 It’s definitely a little tougher getting around, but overall I feel pretty good for being a week and a half from my due date(!).
- the cravings: still super hungry. still craving lots of sweet.
- the clothes: I’m getting desperate y’all. My yoga pants and tank tops are getting heavy rotation.
- the exercise: Still making it to yoga once a week but feeling super creaky now.
- the aches: Aside from the same ‘ole back aches, I’m doing alright. I mean, it aches to be carrying out 30 extra pound-os, but that’s just to be expected.
- the swelling: my feet. they are so swollen. Thank goodness for flip flops.
- movement: Her movements are bizarre now. Sometimes they are strong and slow, like she’s stretching. Sometimes they are fast and in short bursts. I think she must be sleeping for longer stretches, because it seems like other times she goes long stretches without moving.
- queasiness?: none
- gender: In case you missed it, IT’S A . . .
- belly button: It doesn’t looked like I thought it would, but I’m pretty sure this is as out as it gets. 🙂
- rings on?: Nope. I can shove them of if I really want, but it’s been so hot here that by the end of the day I wouldn’t be able to get them off.
- Eating confessions: Chocolate. Nutter Butters. Sparkling water.
- New weirdness: My linea nigra just appeared a day or so ago. It’s very faint but definitely there. I’m also having lots of what I think are pre labor symptoms: cramping, full stomach hardening that feels like contractions, soreness/stretching in my nether regions. Oh yeah, and I’m sporting a full on waddle now.
Create a special piece of art with the hubs for the nursery wall Check
Finish ordering a few prints Check (and they’re so cute!)
Make a list of my favorite baby books and kid books to build our collection Check
Sent Thank You cards (finally) Check
Plan the walls in the nursery. Check
Make a birth plan Check
Finish the bean’s knitted blanket Check!
Buy new couches. Check
Designed and printed Thank You notes! Check
Said goodbye to Scratch’n Check
Got a bunch of stuff off of our registry! (thanks friends and fam!) Check
Got a few prints framed for the nursery (thanks mom) Check
Made a plan to make my own thank you cards Check
Picked out our new couches! Check
Got a Crib from Viet’s sister (thanks, Thao!) Check
Bought a dresser for the nursery (Thanks, hubs!) Check
Started to get advice on birth plans from other moms Check
Got rid of the extra couch that was in the nursery Check (Thanks, hubs!)
Cleaned out the office to start the nursery transformation Check
Bought doors for our shelves so that we could move them to the living room and out of the office Check
Made a real plan for the nursery and the rest of the apartment Check
Reached out to my mom friends to start gathering registry ideas. Check
Started gaining weight. Check
Found a prenatal yoga class. Check
Bought Maternity clothes (I’m obsessed). Check
Daydreamed about nursery decor. Check
Created a few pregnancy and baby PINBOARDS. Check
The last few items on the to-do list:
Make a list of my favorite books that I read as a kid/teen to gift her some day
Little one, soon I’ll be holding you in my arms. I can’t wait to be your mom. I will do everything I can to live up to the honor and the opportunity.
You are so loved, my dear, always.