There are 10 things I want you to know this week.
1. You’re a morning person. It’s true. I wonder if you’ll stay this away or if this too is a stage that will pass, but right now you’re a helllllllllo world kinda person just like your mama. You wake up so happy. Even before Papa and I open our eyes you are cooing and talking and kuh-kahing for all to hear. In my mind you’re saying, good morning, world. good morning, day. good morning, life!
2. You’re a real talker. Not all the time. You’re quiet a lot of the time, but when you’re the mood to talk you have a lot to say. You get going and its like you’re speaking your own language. The sounds and expressions just keep coming when you’re on a roll. The sound of your sweet voice my favorite sound in the world.
3. You like to do crunches. This past week you’re really sitting up more. If you’re laying back you immediately starting lifting yourself up to sitting position. It’s like my sweet little baby took a flying leap into kid-dom. When you’re sitting up straight looking out across the room, I can’t help but be in awe of how fast your little body is changing.
4. You hate clothes. Ok. Maybe hate is a little too strong, but you definitely prefer to be in your diaper and nothing else. When you’re upset one of our go-tos is to take off your clothes. It instantly calms you down.
5. You’re a charmer. We went to visit uncle Bob this week at Project Open Hand, and we took a tour around the site. So many people stopped to smile at you or talk to you or tell you how special you are. I mean, sure, babies are cute, but people are drawn to you.
6. You have the most beautiful smile. It lights up my life. My heart overflows every time.
7. Right now you’re a mama’s girl. When you’re hurting or scared, I can calm you. When someone new is holding you, you look for me in the room. Being the one you look for is the better than anything I’ve ever been. I know this stage won’t last forever, but I’ll always remember and cherish these sweet days.
8. Your dad loves you so much. At least once a day he holds you close and whispers, Bean. You’re the best. He is so patient and loving and caring with you. His face fills with joy when he sees you. He’s right, you are the best, but he’s the best too.
9. “Now you’re just hamming it up.” We went to your four month check up this week (you’ll be four months next Monday), and you were just cool, calm and collected throughout the whole appointment (until you had to get shots :(). You sat up straight in Papa’s lap and smiled and watched the doctor talk. And you were talking up a storm, and the Doc said that soon you’d probably start making more vowel sounds, and as if on cue, you of course started making all these awesome vowel sounds which made us all laugh. You were talking and carrying on so much that your dad said, “now you’re just hamming it up.” We were so proud of you.
10. You make us want to be better people. We were lying in bed one night right before we fell asleep and talking about how much we love you (so much) and how you make us want to live simpler, more authentic lives. You’ve changed everything for the better, and there’s no going back. It’s time to live this life to the fullest.
You are so dearly loved, my Beanshine, always,