Every week there are hundreds of moments; moments when I stop and hold my breath and try to take a mental picture of you. I’ve written about these moments before-the snapshots I tuck away in my heart.
You’re your own unique brand of awesome, Bean.
This week seemed especially jam-packed of those moments because we were on vacation, so I was able to soak you up. My precious Beanshine.
* Your gleeful cackle as you jumped on my lap on the plane.
* Your eyelids heavy and slow-blinking as you fall asleep in my arms.
* Your sharp and painful tug on my hair, over and over again, as you find it and grasp it like it’s a cord that’s holding you up.
* Your straight back as you sit. Literally one day you weren’t and the next: magic.
* Your grins: the wide ones, the small, sly ones, the ones so big they could burst my heart.
* Your chatting, the cooing and kah-kahing.
* Your face brightening at the sight of Papa coming around the corner.
* Those first thirty minutes in the morning, so filled with joy and talking and enough smiles to fill the whole world with joy.
I’m so grateful for you. Every single day.
You are so loved, my Beanshine, always,