Happy 13 months! I’m so in awe of you lately my little one. You’re learning so quickly. It’s been kinda shocking to watch you take a little development leap. Here’s this month in a nutshell:
- cheese (any kind)
- Uptown Funk
- You can sign milk, more, please and all done. We’re working on water and thank you.
- Cathy also taught you to throw your hands up as your way of saying “Hooray!” It’s the cutest.
- You can say Mama, Papa, Hi, Hello, and Uh Oh. You don’t say No yet, but you do shake your head pretty vehemently instead.
- You can climb. On couches, chairs, really anything you can get a good foot on.
- You seem to really be understanding more and more of what we say.
- You don’t fight naps or bedtime anymore. This is very recent, but it’s amazing. You’ll talk to yourself quietly or sing if you’re not quite ready to go to sleep.
- You got some serious shots and blood drawn at your check-up. It was pretty hard, but you made it through like a champ.
- You’re 30 inches tall and 21 pounds now!
- You can put one arm and then another into your arm holes. You’re not quite dressing yourself yet, but it’s a start!
I want to remember
- The look on your face when I get home from work. You can tell it’s me by my footsteps, and you’re waiting by the doorway with a huge grin on your face.
- You learned how to hug. You’ll just come running into my arms and squeeze me. This is the best thing. ever.
- You love music so much. You love to dance. You dance anytime any type of music comes on. You love to sing. You sing quietly to yourself all the time (in your own language). It’s so sweet and lovely.
- A very magical thing happened this month. You and I developed our own secret handshake of sorts. We lean forward and touch foreheads. You’ll initiate it with me too. It’s my favorite.
You’re a smart, strong, fun, and happy girl. We’re so lucky to be in your life.
You are so loved, my Beanshine, always,