signing for food
Happy belated 14 months! This month you were not really into the photoshoot, which is a pretty accurate way to visually demonstrate one of the key changes you’ve made this month: you have wants.
You’re your own person, and (surprise!) you’re not a follower. It’s not really a surprise to us at all. You’re determined and smart. You’ve take the use of the sign “all done” (waving both hands up in the air) to a whole new level: mid-way through teeth brushing (all done), 2/3 through breakfast (all done), right after being hooked into the carseat (all done). While I admit it can sometimes be challenging to communicate with you during these moments (and to stifle a laugh), I also feel a swelling pride. You’re starting to have your own needs and wants and be able to communicate them! It’s exciting to watch.
You’re a joy my love. Here’s some more about you this month:
- (still) cheese
- putting on your own bibs
- getting into things that aren’t yours
- screens. no matter how much we try to keep them from you, you are drawn to the phone or iPad.
- When papa asks you, “What does a lion say?” You go “Rahrrr”
- You wag your finger when you’re dancing. hilarious.
- You have learned to high-five and fist bump.
- You’re saying hi and bye all the time now at the right moments. 🙂
- hyper speed. If I turn away for half a second, you’re magically across the room.
- You have a “I’m annoyed” sound. I’m hoping you grow out of it soon. :/
- the mind of your own I mentioned above
- a deep curiosity for everything around you.
- Our trip to Coronado. You loved the beach and the water and the sunshine.
I WANT TO REMEMBER
- The way you laugh at certain parts when we read our bedtime book. You’re paying so much more attention these days. There will be so much fun reading in the years to come.
- Your laugh every time the bath toys squirt water. Never. gets. old.
- The look on your face and the way you start immediately dancing whenever the music gets turned on.
- The way you stared at the ocean waves as they rushed in. You weren’t afraid, just taking it all in.
- How much you love food. You light up at that first bite.
You’re a smart, strong, fun, and happy girl. We’re so lucky to be in your life.
You are so loved, my Beanshine, always,