I think this pregnancy is going to be pretty different from the first one. I guess I should have expected this. There’s a different little human in there this time! I feel different.
All and all, I have to say that in spite of all the physical annoyances and aches and pains, I really love being pregnant! I’m so grateful to be expecting our second child.
Today as the Bean was trying to crawl all over me and step on my stomach, I stopped her and put her hand on my stomach and said “baby.” She smiled and repeated back, “Baby.” She obviously has no idea what’s going on yet, but I’m so excited for siblings!
- the bump: It’s so. big. I can’t believe how I big I look/feel. I feel like I was like 7 months pregnant last time before I looked/felt this big. It’s bizarre.
- the pounds: At my 16 week check up, I was +6 pounds. I asked the doc if that was a lot, because it sounded like a lot to me, but she said I was on track. Given my appetite right now. . . let’s just say I’m a lil worried.
- the cravings: all the food. I’m so hungry all the time.
- the clothes: full on maternity clothes. maternity undies. the whole nine.
- the exercise: I’m back at prenatal yoga, and I really love it. It helps with the aches and pains, but it also helps me feel calm and grounded.
- sleep: I’m sleeping ok. I have very vivid dreams, and I wake up at least once a night to go the restroom. Even thought I know sleeping on my left side is supposed to be best, but for some reason my body is determined to sleep on the right side. I try to sleep on the left, but the need for the right is too strong!
- the aches: back 🙁
- the swelling: not yet
- movement: I’m feeling more and more movement every day. It’s so strange to me that I’m feeling things this early.
- unexpected: I’ve still got placenta previa, so I’m trying to take it easy (but shocker-I’m not that good at it). I’m hoping that by my ultrasound on Jan. 27th it will have cleared itself up.
- queasiness?: It’s pretty much gone! hooray!
- gender: We find out next week.
- belly button: in.
- rings on?: yep
- Eating confessions: mac and cheese. from a box. :/
- New weirdness: nothing so far
start knitting the Biscuit’s blanket
figure out, what, if anything we’ll need this time around
buy a double stroller
keep up with prenatal yoga
start doing some daily squats
I have loved feeling you move and knowing you’re growing bigger every day. Please stay safe in there. We can’t wait to see you next week!
You are so loved, always,