I’ve been pretty MIA for a while. We’ve had a series of pretty intense weeks at the Nguyen house, and I’m just now coming up for air. Viet was in India for a week for work, and I was in Boston the following 5 days for work. This weekend was our first weekend together again at home, and it was so nice to have a few days to be together and get our routines back on track.
These first set of pictures are from when I was 23 weeks. We took them, but I never had a chance to post them. 23 weeks seems like so long ago now.
And now for currently:
This is what 27 weeks looks like. What a difference a month makes! I’m feeling very large. I think that’s the theme of this pregnancy. I know that you show sooner the second time around, but I’m seriously starting to wonder if this is just a much bigger baby. I’ve gained some serious weight over the past six weeks, and my belly is proof!
This pregnancy feels like it is going so fast. I can hardly keep up. I’ve heard other moms say this a lot, but with baby #2 there’s just less time to focus on the pregnancy.
In some ways this has been nice. I haven’t felt like we would never reach the finish line. On the contrary, most days I’m like, whoa. I need to slow down and soak up this pregnancy.
I’m having pretty bad back pain again like last time, but I haven’t been able to make it to yoga in a few weeks. I’m going to get my butt back to class this week and pray that helps.
Overall I’m feeling strong and happy and not at all mentally prepared for adding a new member to the family.
Third trimester, here we come!
- the bump: calling it a bump doesn’t do it justice. It’s a ball.
- the pounds: I’ve put on some serious lbs. I’m up to 15+ pounds, but still feeling good. The weight seems to be hitting be right in the mid section (shocker).
- the cravings: I am hungry all the time. craving veggies and sweets.
- the clothes: All maternity all the time.
- the exercise: I’m desperate to get back to prenatal yoga. I’ve been walking a lot, but I need some serious stretching.
- sleep: doing ok! the pregnancy pillow (Bump Nest) has made all the difference.
- the aches: (as mentioned above) my lower back pain has gotten a bit worse
- the swelling: not yet
- movement: this little guy is kicking and rolling. He’s very active.
just slowness. I’m definitely starting to slow down. Life is catching up with me.
- queasiness?: none
- gender: In case you missed it, it’s a . . .
- belly button: It has pretty much popped.
- rings on?: yep
- Eating confessions: I’ve been trying to cut back my sugar intake a bit. trying.
- New weirdness: nothing I can think of right now 🙂 Except there’s a baby boy inside of me! that’s nuts y’all!
start knitting the Pancho’s blanket
figure out, what, if anything we’ll need this time around We’ve got a short list. I don’t think we’ll need too much extra this time around. Just a few replacement items.
buy a double stroller done! and we love it! It was definitely a splurge, but I’m so happy with it.
keep up with prenatal yoga
start doing some daily squats
Your father, your sister, and I are so excited to welcome you into this crazy, awesome family! We want to hold you and snuggle you and watch you grow. We can’t wait to learn more about you. We do not know you yet, but we most definitely already love you with our whole hearts.
You are so loved, always,