22 months! You are totally almost a two year old. You’ve really come into your own these past few months. Your vocabulary has grown exponentially. It’s been amazing to watch language flow out of you. It was as if two months ago you had words and a few phrases and you understood almost everything and now it’s as if we’re constantly communicating. You learn a different word or phrase every day it seems (like “Tah! Dah!” or “Come. Sit down.” or “oh Josh” instead of oh gosh).
Your facial expressions have really advanced too these past few months. You very clearly show your emotions on your face, from skepticism to pure joy to frustration and anger. You’re an open book. It’s like looking at the face of a teenager.
You’re SO joyful! Your laughter comes ringing through the house. That sweet sound does something to my heart I can’t describe. There isn’t a more beautiful sound in the world.
This stage seems so special for everything it is and isn’t, especially with the arrival of your little brother. I so loved all of your sweet baby stages, but I also longed to know what you would be like. What personality would you have? would you be loud? funny? outgoing? shy? We know all the answers to those questions now because you can’t hide your sparkling personality. You’re a fearless, confident, outgoing, big hearted, big mouthed :), amazing girl. You’re smart and caring and filled with non-stop energy. You are strong willed and decisive. I’m so proud of you and all your you-ness.
If I could sum up the last two months in a phrase, it would be for the love of dance. We have spent the last two months dancing up a storm with you, my love. You love to dance, and it makes me so happy. You’ve loved music and dancing since you were so little and that love is only getting stronger. Currently your favorite song is “Can’t Stop that feeling” by Justin Timberlake. You’ll yell “Dance! Dance!” and that means you want to hear that song so you can’t get your groove on. A few examples of your mad dance skills:
A few other things that you love right now:
- Your Gigi. She was with us for two weeks and you loved on her and ordered her around and generally made her laugh so hard she cried. “My Gigi,” you’d say. “GIGI!” you’d yell. “Come. Sit down, Gigi” I want to remember you snuggled up in her lap as you played stickers with her or as she read to you. You love her so much.
- Your baby brother. You’re so sweet with him. You love to hold him and kiss him and touch his feet. You’re already a great big sister. I know you will always look out for him and watch over him. You’re already fiercely protective of him.
- Stickers. Gigi has really flamed the fire on this one. Man, you love stickers. You love to stick them on books. and on your face. and on mama. and on papa. and on Gigi.
- Ponies. not the kind that neigh. the kind that go on your head. apparently at school they put your hair up in pony-tails, so you often come to me with big, hopeful eyes and say, “Pony?” when you want me to put your hair up. Luckily, your hair has been growing so fast lately that there’s plenty to put up. 🙂
- Cheese. What can I say? this is still a fan favorite. It’s the first word out of your mouth any time we mention food. Who can blame you? 🙂
- Minnie Mouse. Since your baby brother arrived, Minnie has been your little baby. You’ve put her to bed and fed her and put her in the mamaroo. You’re very loving with your Minnie.
You’re the whole world, Bea. Keep shining your light for all to see. You make every day brighter.
You are so loved, my Beanshine, always,