Shappy and I on Saturday at a baby sprinkle for our little guy. We couldn’t take a normal photo if we tried. 🙂
We’ve made it! We’re officially 37 weeks and full term today.
Here’s the skinny:
- Our little guy is head down and ready to go.
- The braxton-hicks have started.
- Things feel like they’re already getting ready downstairs.
- I’ve got a week and a half left to go at work.
- The hospital bag is packed.
- We have newborn diapers.
- We picked a name! woo!
Check. Check. Check. We’ve got a couple more small things to do, but we’re mostly ready.
I’m getting more and more excited by the moment to meet our little guy. It feels pretty surreal this time around. I guess it did last time too, but I’m trying more to be present these last few weeks. I don’t want the stress of winding things up at work overwhelm me or wear me down leading up to the birth.
We had an amazing party at our house on Saturday to celebrate the upcoming arrival of this little guy and see friends before we enter into newborn-land. We may not have family close by, but we’re very lucky to have such a core group of wonderful friends.
- the bump: it’s huge, you guys. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and being shocked. Over and over again.
- the pounds: up 31 pounds
- the cravings: chocolate. ice cream. chocolate ice cream.
- the clothes: basically wearing dresses and kimonos every day
- the exercise: trying to make it to prenatal yoga but mostly failing
- sleep: I’m sleeping OK. Bea is having a small sleep regression, so I’ve been up with her off and on. Occasionally I wake up super early 4ish and can’t get back to sleep.
- the aches: Still mostly my sacrum. It’s pretty rough but I’m managing because I know it won’t be long now.
- the swelling: the swelling has arrived. my feet are starting to ache a bit. :/
- movement: he’s moving quite a bit still. he’s much more active than Bea was, which is a bit of a relief.
- unexpected: hm. my hair is still amazing. my linea negra hasn’t arrived yet.
- queasiness?: I’ve been a bit nauseous over the past few days. not sure why.
- gender: In case you missed it, IT’S A . . .
- belly button: completely gone
- rings on?: Definitely not. I’m wearing an amazing ring my mom gave me that has the same stones as my wedding set
- Eating confessions: I’m still not very good at lots of small meals.
- New weirdness: I’m tired. very tired.
*Install the carseat
*order a few prints to add to the kids’ room
*get our monitor/video situation sorted out
Paint Pancho’s name sign
Choose a name
Set up the bassinet
start knitting the Pancho’s blanket. one more skein to go!
figure out, what, if anything we’ll need this time around We’ve ordered almost all of the big things on our list (MOMAROO, OWLET (so cool), and MESA CARSEAT).
Now we just need to pick up some clothes and other small items.
buy a double stroller done! and WE LOVE IT! It was definitely a splurge, but I’m so happy with it.
keep up with prenatal yoga
start doing some daily squats (<- Ha)
I’m trying to relish these last few weeks with you on the inside. Pregnancy goes so slow and so fast all at once, and I want to remember these days where you and I were one.
I’m ready to be your mom, my love. My head and heart are ready to care for you and show you the world. I’m so excited to see you and kiss your sweet face. I can’t wait to introduce you to your big sister.
Pack on those last few pounds and get yourself ready to enter the world! Just focus on getting here safely.
Can’t wait to meet you, my boy.
You are so loved, always,