A few snapshots from this weekend:
- Bea practicing drinking from a cup.
- Warm sunlight on my toes.
- Gorgeous ranunculus are back!
- Just started the fourth row of Pancho’s baby blanket. It’s my favorite yet (teal). I’m excited to start the greens. When I was pregnant with Bea, my heart was filled with sunshine. So I made her a blanket the colors of the sun. When I got pregnant this time, I was inspired by the ocean. So I chose blues and greens for the blanket.
- We’ve been redecorating a bit. Really just simplifying. Summer is coming just right around the corner.
- I haven’t taken many photos of myself this pregnancy, mostly because I’ve been so ding dang busy. But I love my body pregnant. I wonder if it’s because I’m more forgiving of myself, and I feel grateful. I’m much larger than I was during my first pregnancy, but the swell of my belly just reminds me that this little guy is here and well and growing quickly.
- I’m so excited to be celebrating my dear friend, Lisa, who is expecting in late July/early August! It’s such a joy to be pregnant together, and I can’t wait to play with our little ones together.
It is quiet around here. The sun keeps breaking through grey days, and we are blissfully enjoying the moments when it’s just us three giggling in the kitchen.
We are both so ready for the next phase and so not ready.
I’m not quite sure how our actual day to day lives will adapt (I know they will), but I know our hearts are ready. Beatrice has filled our lives with so much blinding joy. It is hard to imagine how we will cope with that much more joy, but I’m sure we will manage.
It’s all speeding towards me so quickly, and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t a little nervous and unsure how another little one will change me as a mother, as a professional, as a wife, as me. And of course, at the same time, I can’t wait to find out.
Last month work travel was brutal to us. Viet was in India for a week (felt like a month), and the day after he returned I left for Boston for five days.
This month we’ll be traveling but mostly all for fun. I’m headed to Albuquerque for a girls’ weekend, then we’re going to Maui for a week, and then I’m headed to Chicago for a quick work trip.
I know it will be tiring, but I’m excited. I’m going to take care of myself. Get plenty of sleep and drink plenty of water. Be kind to myself.
I recently heard about a bullet journal, and I’m going to try it out this month. I’m just a few days in, but I’m loving it so far. I’m already coveting lovely leather journals, but I’m going to see if I can really keep it up a for a month first before I invest in a nicer journal.
That’s all for now, April. I’m hoping to read more and to knit more.
Here’s looking at you-